Monday, November 8, 2010

WHO Tests these things???

Have you ever tried Bertie Botts' Beans? Those little jelly beans inspired by the Harry Potter series? I generally like candy in all it's forms, but this one truly amazes me.

Flavors include dirt, grass, sushi, bacon, brussel sprouts (you know how I feel about these!!!), egg yolk, centipede, frog legs, glue, liver, horseradish, onion, wood, salt, shampoo, tripe, zucchini, earwax, vomit, and boogers.

Now, I have tried the dirt and grass varieties, and I must say that the grass one tastes JUST like fresh-cut grass smells. It's really quite amazing, if not actually tasty. On the other hand, I know what bacon, brussel sprouts, liver, onion, horeseradish, salt, zucchini and glue taste like, so I just see no need to sample these.

The thing that really gets me, though, is the earwax, vomit, and boogers. I mean, technically these things can't always taste the same. So, here's what I theorize... Someone had to not only sample their OWN earwax, vomit, and boogers, but also the earwax, vomit, and boogers of several other people. THEN they had to taste-test the jelly bean flavors in development, to be certain that the finished product tasted like some reasonable representation of earwax, vomit, and boogers.

Someone needs to post the pictures of these product-testers online, to be certain no one ever kisses them again.

Perhaps they are now gainfully employed in testing fake dog poop, parachutes, and those gag pens that shock you when you touch them?

If you've ever sampled someone else's earwax, vomit, or boogers -- please feel free to share these experiences with us. I am pretty sure this is the ONLY place on the Web soliciting your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment