Saturday, January 15, 2011

Socks!

Have you ever stopped to think about how happy new socks make you? I hope everyone reading this, has experienced the euphoria of opening up your sock drawer, and seeing more than one week's worth of lovely, hole-free, un-ratty, matched socks in there. It really is one of life's simple pleasures.


When I happened upon a sock sale of some sort, I am prone to buying in bulk. I will get 10, 15, even 20 pairs of socks at a time, if they are 50% off or more. And the first few days after the purchase, are heady indeed. Some days, I will wear socks that totally clash with my outfit, just because it feels to good to do this BY CHOICE, and not because you are limited by your supply.


Some days, I might even wear socks that don't match one another, just to flaunt my newly acquired sock status.


Even more enthralling is the mass purchase of underwear. This happens so infrequently (at least for us ladies) as to be a true cause for celebration. I would go so far as to say that a bottle of champagne is not out of the question, if you manage a large undies purchase.


How absolutely enticing it is to open up the undies drawer, and see a week or two of nice, new, clean panties. Ones whose elastic isn't out of shape, whose seams are not frayed, and who have not yet been discolored by washing upon washing upon washing.


If I manage a good half-price undies purchase, there are mornings when I can be found staring lovingly into the undies drawer for 10 or 15 minutes at a time, just marveling at my good fortune!


If you are reading this and you don't understand what I am saying, go forth tomorrow and treat yourself! Go buy 10 pairs of socks, and a week's worth of new underwear. And then sit back and enjoy! And then be sure to let me know how great it feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment