Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ms. Understood

I am really fascinated with misheard song lyrics, also known as mondegreens.  Here's a collection of some of my favorite…  From friends, relatives, and website articles I have read.  Hope you enjoy, and PLEASE share any of your own personal (or personal favorite) modegreens with us on the blog!

Excuse me while I kiss this guy. (Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze)

I'll never be your pizza burnin'. (Rolling Stones, Beast of Burden)

Gimme two gimme five gimme dollar sixty five. (Metallica, Fuel)

The ducks are hazards in the classroom. (Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall)

Here we are now in containers. (Nirvana, Teen Spirit)

There's a bathroom on the right. (Credence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising)

It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not. (Bon Jovi, Livin' on a Prayer)

The ants are my friends, they're blown' in the wind. (Bob Dylan, Blowin' in the Wind)

Shamu, the mysterious whale. (U2, Mysterious Ways)

You've been outright offensive for so long now. (Eagles, Desperado)

It's not fair to deny me the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. (Alanis Morrissette, You Oughta Know)

Chugalug the strawberry man is making me crazy. (Steve Miller Band, Jungle Love)

Praying mantis coming down from the valley and I don't have very long. (Styx, Renegade)

Dirty deeds, thunder chief. (AC/DC, Dirty Deeds)

Dirty deeds, done with sheep. (AC/DC, Dirty Deeds)

You give a toaster to Bob. (Nine Inch Nails, Closer)

2 comments: