Friday, January 7, 2011

Follow-up to Salon Post

Well, I am back from the salon, and I am so pleased I am going to point fingers and name names! I went to Oasis, the Aveda spa in Dulles Town center, and got a really fabulous haircut from Alicia. I came out looking like I will when I do my own hair... Because she totally gave me the no-fuss cut.

Some things I really liked; the shampooing was probably the best one I've had in a long while. Nice massage, smelled great. Alicia really listened to what I had to say. And she "gets" my baby-fine hair. So she gave me great tips, INCLUDING that I didn't need the fancy salon gel. She said they almost all work about the same.

This stylist is in it for the long-term, too... She actually talked me OUT of a $200 keratin treatment! How did she do that, you may wonder? Well, she pointed out that it would relax all the wave out of my fine hair, and that I might wind up with really flat hair instead.

Needless to say, I will be going back. Especially since I still have a credit on my gift card!

I also have to tell you that if you want the best cut in the Fairfax area, go see Natalya Anderson. You can look her up right here on FB! And she is also quite the color expert, from what I have been hearing and reading.

OK, so one more thing to add, is that I have been using the Boots No. 7 facial peel you can get at Target. You know, the one that made the #1 spot in about 20 different beauty magazines. Well, here's my take on old Boots... DO IT!

The Boots package has enough product for maybe 8 weeks of treatment. After two treatments, my face totally stopped breaking out... EVEN at "that time" of the month! My mother, the total skeptic, wanted to know what I was doing that my skin looked so great. I almost didn't want to tell her, it's such a great product I wanted to keep it a secret!

Obviously I just couldn't do that. This stuff again will last you a long while. It is gentle enough that you really don't notice more than a tiny flake or two. It improves the texture of your skin almost right away... And the major bonus? It's only $25! Tell your local cosmetic surgeon to stuff that in his pipe and smoke it!

One final beauty-related quip here... I use Origins Nite-a-Mins cream at night. It is just chocked full of minerals, and is fine to use even on the most sensitive skin -- like MINE! Granted, it's $30 an ounce... But I use only about one ounce per YEAR. So again, another terrific product that doesn't really cost much.

That's about all the beauty-talk I can handle for a year, so I will sign off by asking you to wish me luck... Tomorrow I go back to the dark burgundy-auburn color that is closest to my childhood locks. EEEeeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment