Friday, February 11, 2011

Children's Books...

This may be a little premature, BUT I have been working on writing not one, but TWO children's books recently. One is entitled "Eat your Veggies, Hannah Hippo!" and is ready for editing and illustration. The other, "Francis Frog's Big Play Date" is for my girls Zoe and Zelie in Sweden, and is about half-way complete.

I was just posting this so that you would know to watch for this name: Parham R. This is an exceptional 13-year-old friend of mine, who just happens to be not only a mathematical and scientific GENIUS, but one of the best artists I have seen in many, many a year.

I am hoping that Parham will be my illustrator for both of these books. So, people remember this name! If Parham is not one day a World-renowned artist in his own right, he will surely be one of those scientists or mathematicians who advances our knowledge in some profound way. Or an amazing Statesman who brings Peace to the World. Or a doctor who provides a fabulous cure for some disease.

Not only that, but having never met my lovely girls, I know Parham is so very kind that he would cherish the opportunity to draw pictures just so that they might enjoy his exceptional talent. Zoe, too, is something of a budding artist, at the tender age of seven. And I know that she would be inspired by Parham's work!

And this young gentleman has suggested to me, that he would like to draw pictures and send them to Children's Hospital, to brighten the days of sick children. I would propose to him that, should we be published, fully 25% of my proceeds would go to children's charities -- on the condition that he save HIS proceeds for his college education!

I just wanted to post this in the hopes that Parham and/or his family (all of whom I am truly privileged to know!) will read this, and know that I have the ultimate faith in him and his abilities. And of course, so that when History bears me out on the prediction that he is meant to be a fabulous leader in some respect, I can point to this post and say "I told you so!".

This family has touched my heart in a way that is difficult to describe. But in a few short months, I have gotten to know Parham and his wonderful parents... And I know they will all be my friends for life. Thank you for reading this, and check back soon for more news on my work in children's literature.

Hopefully I will get permission to also publish some of Parham's work on this site. You WILL be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment